Happy Mother's Day!!

image courtesy : scary mommy.com


Being a Mother is no joke
Rocket science would have been easier to cope!
This constant state of not knowing
The right from wrong of what I am doing.

Maybe I am not giving them enough quality time
Or am I indulging their wishes all the while?
Maybe I don’t hug and kiss them as much
Or is it an excess of attention and touch?

I am not raising them to value what they have
I am not raising them to be nice and behave.
Are they to others needs and wishes averse?
Have I made them the centre of my universe?

Is two days a week too much screen time
But if I don’t allow, will they be left behind?
After school I pack them off to class
Shouldn’t I allow some time-pass?

Maybe painting, chess and piano
Or tennis…. I don’t know!
I should ensure they do their homework in time
Or should I let them take responsibility and decide?

With them I should do more fun activities
Or maybe towards hard work, they should have more proclivity?
We should enrich their experiences with more trips
But does it end up becoming only about pool, pizza and chips?

Am I reading to them enough?
Will they ever read by themselves if I read so much?
Am I playing with them enough?
Will they befriend others if I engage them so much?

Maybe I lose my temper with them too fast
Or do I give in too easily to their demands?
Am I a very strict mother?
Or too lenient, so they don’t bother?

Uff! This constant state of confusion...
I wish there was a simple solution...
An answer to all my exasperation...
To quieten this daily mental commotion!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts